Saturday, January 22, 2011

Called?

I had the wonderful opportunity to get together with the young adults from our church this evening at Tim Hortons. I always love getting together with them because I seem to always be enlightened after, in the sense that I see things a bit differently. When you spend most of your time staying at home taking care of your child you become rather fond of the views you have. When it comes to leveling the field well, this batch of young adults does it well.

We talked about several things this evening, one being related to my last post "Passion." I hadn't realized that so many others had gone through a similar journey to mine. A few years back there was a teaching that was going around about "callings and destinies;" this teaching led me to a plan that later paralyzed me from doing the very things I loved. Being seasoned for a few years, I have begun to see the destruction a teaching can have on such young hearts if taken the incorrect way. We are all called to be righteous lovers of peace, reverent and humble living Godly lives. No where in the bible does it state Danielle Bourgeois is called to be apart of children's ministry and do such in such all her life. Now I personally do enjoy loving on kids and teaching them, so it would be a good thing for me to volunteer and be apart of children's ministry but that doesn't mean it is mandatory I do. I have a free will to make the decision myself. If the Lord gave me a detailed plan for my life, first of all I'd be freaked out, second of all I'd wonder if I'd ever be able to achieve it, and third I would question if I had free will. See it sounds like craziness, and yet we were so caught on this "calling" thing that we lost sight of what we were truely called to do.

I believe it is important to consult the Lord for decisions in life like major purchases, relocating, and other life altering situations. I have a brain God gave me to decipher whether a grape is rotten or not and the holy spirit for when I can't tell. Personally I don't need to ask if I need to bath or not, I do it because I know I need to. Part of growing up is making our own decisions and the Lord is right there beside us when we do. Follow peace and you won't go wrong; per the chance you fall, mess up, screw something up, well pick yourself up, dust off and seek the Lord. Do good.

May the Lord be with you as you go about your day making decisions that will glorify him. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading a book, "Calling and Separation", by Bob Yandian. It talks about how a person may receive a calling, and that it may take years of "faithful" service doing this, that or the other for the church body, before that person is "separated" for the purpose of fulfilling that calling. Paul received his calling when Aninias layed hands upon him. It was 14 years of seeking the Lord and service later, that he was "separated" to fulfill that calling. A person may go thru many things and times of frustration, during this period. But have the faith that endures, that God is preparing you, for what is to come.

    ReplyDelete