Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Encouragement in an Unexpected way

I had a good friend stop in today; I needed a pick-me-up in general. She nailed me to the wall, read my book before I completely told her. She referenced and broke down the scripture of Psalm 1. It goes like this:

1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

This friend spoke to me about this scripture and pointed out the action words walk, stand and sit. She began to break it down by paraphrasing the scripture roughly like so; Walking with the ungodly and listening to their counsel is not wise, sitting and watching sinners is also unwise, and sitting with the scornful will give you a rotten attitude. She continued, delight in Gods LIFE giving word, MEDITATE on it day and not, get your scripture and stand on it. Dwell on scripture when worry knocks on your door. The scripture than says "He shall be like a tree," meaning it takes time for your change to happen but don't loose hope because if you hold tight you will bring forth fruit in its season (which is the best timing), No leaf on your tree will wither (aka your marriage won't wither, your finances won't wither) and in the end whatever you do you'll prosper.

All I can say is WOW God. Its so simple. Guard yourself, your eyes, your ears, your mind. Keep your attitude right by dwelling on scripture.

I'm glad to have people in my life who are willing to say things how they are and help me to straighten myself out. Hope is growing and its a wonderful thing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment